An essential practice for our brains to focus more is to make it think in a creative way. In the era of reels when dopamine is killing creativity of people. It is important or rather a necessity to have a dopamine detoxes and spends time with ourselves. Painting is a fun and effective way to do so; it helps our brain to boost its creativity.
Here are some of the essentials you should have while painting-
Don’t force your brain, let it be creative. It is like printing your imagination on paper. Let your hands flow. Don’t try to make things perfect, rather enjoy the process. Let your brain guide you subtly to make masterpieces. Flaw or making wrong brush strokes will help in brain storming new ways to tackle things. Avoid using reference photos and just create something you are thinking, it could be a really nice place you visited some time back or maybe something you are feeling, happy, sad or anything.
There are plenty of options available in the market, from student grade to studio grade and even professional grade. Moreover now day’s handmade paints made from rocks
- These are quick drying paints.
- They mix well with water and gel mediums.
- Once dried you can repaint over them.
- Since they dry very fast, there is less time for corrections.
- Once dried on brushes, it will ruin your brush. So make sure to wash them while the paint is wet.
- They cannot be washed off by water after drying. So it’s permanent.
Acrylic paints can be used on thick sheets, murals, wood, canvases etc. If you want to have fun but are not looking to spend a lot of money, acrylics are a great option as it starts from a very reasonable price. Know more about Acrylic Painting
- These slow drying paints give the user plenty of time for correction and thinking.
- These are the OG paints. Leonardo Da Vinci too used to use oil paints.
- It can take months for these to dry.
- You have to purchase oils such as walnut oil separately to thin out the thick texture of the paint.
Know more about Oil Painting
Water Colour Paints
- Even after drying of the paint, these can simply be rewet by water and can be lifted off too.
- No need of buying any mixing medium, these are used by mixing water and the brushes are cleaned by water itself.
- As these are highly transparent, it is almost impossible to add a lighter colour over a dark colour.
- They dry lighter, so it is tricky to guess how the colour would dry.
Find more paintings details of Artist Poonam Paswan
Graphite and Charcoal
If you enjoy making realistic sketches, Graphite and charcoal stand on top for that purpose.
- It created bold marks
- It is matte in finish, which makes it extra black and deep.
- It is very messy to use, as it is very fragile.
- Charcoal dust is easy to smudge, leading it to ruin your artwork.
- It is easy to use.
- It is not as messy as charcoal, and has slightly more control.
- Not suitable for big projects, as pencils are not enough to create bold strokes and deep shadows
- Building the product up leads to a weird she in that looks unprofessional.
A wide variety of brushes are available to pick from, ranging from
- Fan Brush
- Round Brush
- Detailer Brush
- Filbert Brush
- Horseshoe Brush etc.
Not just that there is synthetic as well as animal hair brushes. It depends on what kind of paints you are using. Usually acrylics and oil paints are used with synthetic brushes, with brushes used for oil paints having a larger handle. For watercolor both synthetic as well as natural hair brushes are used. Brushes are also used for blending out charcoal and graphite. Know SH Raza Painting
It is very important to have a good quality paper to work on. While selecting paper for watercolor, we should keep in mind that it should have more water absorbing capacity. A 300GSM watercolor paper is considered to be good.
Acrylic paper is usually non porous but thick. You can also use canvas for acrylics.
Canvases are considered best for oil painting, but you can also use thick sheets of paper. Make sure you prime the sheet first.
A pallet is the Holy Grail, artists while painting doesn’t use the paint directly rather they LOVE to mix paints and make colours on their own.
There are different types of pallets such as-
- Basic Plastic pallet
- Wooden pallet
- Air Tight pallet
- Glass pallet
- Disposable pallet paper
You can select any pallet according to your budget and choice.
Painting something is not forceful, it is therapeutic, don’t think that buying the most expensive art material will improve you. No it won’t. Art is everywhere; we just need to deeply connect with it. Some Days it is better to pick up paint brush before our phones and just paint our heart out on a canvas. Happy painting.